What Is A.B.A.T.E.
A Brotherhood Against Totalitarian Enactments
ABATE is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the Freedom of the Road. Ensure your freedom by fighting anti-bike legislation and promoting fair motorcycle legislation. ABATE does not advocate that you ride without a helmet when the law is repealed, only that you have the right to decide.
The structure of ABATE is very basic: Members. Membership is open to anyone interested in promoting freedom of choice, whether you own or ride a motorcycle, or not. The wishes of the members are carried out by their elected board of directors in their local chapter, or through their representatives to the state organization.
Goals and Purposes
- Keeping bikers and members informed through our monthly newsletter and the media.
- To encourage motorcycle enthusiasts to register and vote.
- To promote safe riding habits.
- To encourage favorable legislation for bikers.
- To provide monthly meetings, events, runs, contests, and community action projects.